Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's blah...blah...blah



Ah, it's that time of year again. The time of year when winter is finally beginning to fade away, there is a hint of spring in the air, and every mismatched pair of losers that happen to be currently 'shacked up' together can celebrate the fact that they are not alone.

I am not bitter. I have no problem with Valentine's Day itself. It's the people. It's the people that really get to me. "Gee, Doris, it be Valentine Day. Better throw on yer good t-shirt and jeans and we can head on over to the Legion and get shit-faced. Oh yeah, can you wear those crotchless panties I got ya for mudder's day?" Yeah, that kind of thing.

The celebration of love should be an everyday occurance and not just once a year. By taking part in this artarded holiday you are perpetuating the stereotype that everybody sucks! I know that love is totally necessary. Love is like a toll-bridge. It is annoying, it slows you down, it mucks up your plans, and we all have to go through one eventually.

Some old dude named Erich Segal said, "True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked. " I think that this says it all. You can be happily in love, or whatever sort of situation you have going, and not do it with all of the bells and whistles. I know that I am not alone in saying that public displays of affection are not cool. They are blatant cries for attention. "Look at me! I am in love! I have someone!". Pathetic!!!

Well, that about sums up my Valentine's rant. But don't be disappointed, Easter is just around the corner and we all know how much I love those Christians!

I know negativity isn't the answer, I got it wrong on purpose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He he Bradders - lovin your work!! Wish I was there; we could get shit faced together and laugh at the world (which is easier to do in Thaialnd than anywhere else I've been!!)

Love n licks x x x x