Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My Christmas Show Was A Success!


I was very worried that my students were going to make me look like the worst teacher ever. Fortunately, they totally shocked me. They did much better than I had predicted.

One class did a play about Christmas trees. The idea was that one of the trees was a poplar so could not be a real Christmas tree. After he isn't chosen on Christmas Eve, some angels and elves come and turn him in to the nicest Christmas tree in the forest. It's pretty gay, but at least it had none of that religious bullshit in it.

Another class did a play about Christmas traditions around the world. For Mexico they dressed in ponchos and danced to Feliz Navidad. For Russia they dressed like eskimos(for some reason) and did a tango. For Hawaii they wore grass skirts and did a hula to Mele Kelikimaka. For Japan they dressed in kimonos and danced to a Japanese version of Jingle Bell Rock. Then came America. Four girls dressed in slutty Santa outfits, dancing to Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. I was so proud!

Two other classes did random songs and dances. Everyone seemed really pleased. It is December 26th here now. I am writing this from school, with a bit of a hangover. Next is New Years weekend. We are planning on heading to Esan for the celebration. Four days in beautiful and exciting Khon Kaen. Hopefully I will have and interesting story to post after that trip. Praise Cletus!

1 comment:

hootchinhannah said...

Glad your christmas plays went well Brad. What did you have ofor your christmas dinner?